แจก ฟรี เครดิต ทดลอง เล่น _สล็อต3แถว_ตารางบอลพรุ่งนี้_ฟุตบอล _เครดิตฟรี100ถอนได้

Adventure 40

We went to the State Fair tonight, and it was marvelous! We walked all over the place and still didn’t see the horses or the grist mill or the forestry section. We paid an exorbitant amount of money to ride the Ferris Wheel and walk through a hall of mirrors.

The exhibits were the best part of the evening. There was the prize-winning giant pumpkin, beautiful quilts and clothes, bees and honey, a cow worth $25,000, and a baby mule! We saw all sorts of breeds of chickens, including our new favorite, the Buff Cochins. These chickens are almost knee high and so fluffy! And bunnies! Flemish Giants and dark, soft, chocolaty ones, and teensy buff ones. Mama cows and calves, a big sow with little baby piglets

We were walking through the exhibits, looking at the needlework and quilts, and I said, “Next year, I’m going to enter something in the fair!” Reed kind of said, “Yeah, right.” But when we got to the art section, with the photography, I think he might have been bitten by the state fair bug, too!

The highlight of the night for me was the chance to mark something off the adventure list. I haven’t got the adventure list up on a page anywhere anymore, so I will have to tell you that number 40 is–Milk a cow. Yep, I did it! The ag club was there with about five cows in all, two of whom were in milking stalls. I paid my $2 and milked a Holstein! Well, I milked the cow a little bit, but enough so that I can mark this off my list!

We had a great time, although my legs are worn out from all the walking we did! Next year, we’re going to have to go earlier in the day so we can see even more!

With respect to the 30x30 goals, I have four down and 26 to go. Twenty-six and a half months left to go!

I was reading at (‘at’ because I am using my high school Spanish to do so, which means that I am picking out the meaning without knowing all the words) Reforma.com this evening, and came across the page in the link. It is the restaurant section of the paper (BBC said it was an influential daily on its factsheet page about Mexico), and the Brassica Santa Fe’s cuisine is listed as American. From what I can tell without using a translation service, they serve Prime Rib of Beef (that part is in English), salmon cooked on a cedar plank and served with polenta, and fish with something interesting. I just thought it was interesting to come across an “American” restaurant serving American cuisine, although why I don’t know. Are there soul food restaurants in other countries? What are they like? That would be something to experience. The reason I am reading ‘at’ Reforma is because I thought it might be interesting to try to build/remember some vocabulary. Speaking Spanish is on the adventure list, after all.

Also, in my real life, I was sworn-in today! Now it’s all official!

Adventure #95

| 10 Comments | 1 TrackBack

Congratulations! I am happy to inform you that you have passed the July 2007 North Carolina Bar Examination.

That is what the letter said from the BLE, so who am I to argue? Woohoo! I think I’m at least as excited that I don’t have to do it again as I am that I passed!

Also, this is my joke adventure. It’s a challenge that takes no little amount of hard work and persistence, but it’s not really my kind of adventure, you know? I’m still going to cross it off my list, though. Next month, I already know what my adventure will be. It’s like I’m picking up steam!!

30 X 30 Challenge


It’s been no end of aggravation to me that I only get about one adventure marked off my adventure list a year. Not to be pessimistic, but I don’t think that I have 98 more years to live, so I really do need to get cracking on this adventuring!

A few months ago, I thought up a way to help motivate me to actually schedule these suckers in–a challenge. Please welcome the 30 by 30 challenge. In little over two years, I hope to have crossed 30 items off the adventure list. There are plenty of things I can do by then, I only have to make an effort! I’m already counting the adventures I’ve had toward the challenge, so it is just (just!) 28 more and I have 29 months. One a month!

One a month! You might ask: how much planning did it take to ride the Natchez Trace for a few days, only to cross one thing off your list? Hmm?? Hmm!!! Yes, it took probably a half a year to bring that little one into fruition. But (!!) not all of them require six months’ worth of planning and preparation, and I hope to go on a nice big trip in the next two years that will combine several of these things together. I think that I will get about seven in by the end of the year. Bwhaha.

Altering the Adventure List


I have decided to change one of the 100 adventures. Thirty-seven is visit every state park in Georgia–and presumably I thought I would do this in the two years since I made the adventure list and lived in Georgia. But that didn’t happen, obviously. I would still love to visit Fort Mountain (home of the #2 best dayhike in GA) and Vogel for the hiking, and some of the ones in south Georgia that are total unknowns.

But it is coming off the adventure list because it is not a high priority anymore. I was going to just change it to North Carolina state parks, but Reed said that would make this goal a moving target if we moved again. Which is true. He suggested that I think of some other park related goal, but that didn’t seem to work out. (Although I could add “Join the 900 Miler Club” in which you have to hike every trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to join. That would be park related.)

Instead, I’m going to add a non-park related goal/adventure. Learn to drive a stick shift. I’m not sure how I didn’t learn this to begin with, and I remember trying to learn when I first started–but I must not have been very interested at the time. So a new #37.

I’ve also got to start keeping a new list of adventures that I would like to have, because I have thought up more! 100 is such a nice round number, though, that I don’t want to change it. But what about hang-gliding, surfing, and riding my bike across the country? What about a camping trip in a canoe? And a helicopter ride? Going to the top of the Empire State building (can you do that any more?)? What about riverboarding? (Although that might terrify me too much, which is why base jumping and skydiving are not on the list.) Water-skiing?

The 100 are things that I really want to do, and these others may not be–so I’ll just hang out with them for a while. I know, I am able to do things even if they aren’t on my list.

Part 3

| 1 Comment

Day Three

This was meant to be our recovery day, where we would have a short bike ride to Tishimingo State Park and we could relax or walk around the park some. We got up and made ourselves some oatmeal with the little stove and then broke our camp. On the road again!

It flattened out pretty well for the most part, and we started out taking a water break every two-three miles like we usually did–but found that we didn’t really need to do that. We saw pretty Bear Creek, which has a picnic area. We stopped at the pull-through across from the creek and ate a quick snack, and then moseyed on down the road again.

There were more easy things to see today, and we got off our bikes a little more frequently. I wish that our earlier days had been more like this, but there was NO way we were riding up/down giant hills to see anything on a long day. At the Mississippi line, there was a quick stop for the Bear Creek Indian Mound. It’s not a very large mound, and you can see where they just ride their mower/tractor over the top of it when they mow–an excellent preservation method, I’m sure. You can see it in the background here.

About a mile or so away, there is a spring in a cave–although you are warned that the cave is dangerous (!) and that the water isn’t drinkable anymore. We saw the cave, but you don’t see any water necessarily. I dared Daddy to go inside, but he wouldn’t.

Then we had a few more miles to the park. Daddy was walking a hill when our 3-wheeled motorcycle friends from the day before passed us, and stopped to chat again. That was neat, and it made the Trace feel somehow like we were all going somewhere together in some kind of scraggly caravan. We made it to Tishimingo, and wonder of wonders, there is a drink machine inside the Gatehouse!! With Yoohoos, which are magic bike drinks didn’t you know? Ask Mama. Anyway, we each guzzled a cold can of Yoohoo and looked at the flyers about local restaurants (very handy), and eventually the park ranger who was on the phone asked if we needed any help. We asked about camping and she told us where to go to pick out a site and then to come back and pay up.

We went down to the campground and picked one out not too far from the showers. About this time, I realized that today was Sunday and that tomorrow was Monday. “We’re not going to make it back for the funeral?” “No. Not if we go to Tupelo.” It seems like it would have been obvious from the moment I heard it, but like I said, on a bike, time doesn’t seem to matter as much. Plus, because it’s been finals and I haven’t had any kind of schedule for a few days ahead of that the days weren’t really adding up. So, we talked about it and I decided that I would rather go home and be with our family than go to Tupelo. It wasn’t a hard decision, we just had to find a UHaul to get us home.

No big deal, just about every place has a UHaul rental, right? Waverly Hall has a UHaul rental–at Cooper’s of course! We go back to pay for our campground (since we would need a place to park at least) and raid the Yoohoo machine again (hee!) and ask the park ranger about UHauls. Nope, not in Tishimingo–the closest is in Burnsville (which is said Barnsville–confusing, when you are trying to find on a map.) 18 miles away. Plus it is Sunday, so they are probably closed. She gave us the number and they didn’t answer.

We had to go get something to eat, and figured we’d call again in a little bit. A few of the restaurants were open til Sunday afternoon, so we set off to find Rita’s. The closest one was closed, of course. We made it out to the convenience store on the highway, and I would have been glad to eaten something there (lucky for me), but Daddy said we should ask about how far Rita’s was because that would probably be better than convenience store food. True. So, he asks this man pumping gas for directions. Oh, it’s about a mile down the highway, just a little bit–and real good food!

So, we hop on our little bikes and head up and down the road (no need to push, we left Bob at the campsite, chained to a tree). It is hot–had to be close to 90–and there is no shade at all, because we’re on a state highway. There’s some traffic, but because it is a pretty big highway there is enough pavement on the other side of the white line to feel like you have some space. We ride for about a mile. Nothing. We see a church and some houses. So we stop at the top of a hill at a crossroads, and decide to ask for more directions by flagging someone down. At this point, I’m really glad I drank two Yoohoo’s because otherwise I would have been laying in someone’s front yard. Our plan does not work too well to begin with because no one comes down our road to flag down. Daddy crosses the highway and stops a car that comes to the intersection–guess what? Rita’s is about 3 miles down the road. ARG. We decided not to eat at Rita’s–what if we got there and it was closed?

Back to the convenience store, where not only did they have lunchmeat (but no bread), but they also had a little heat lamp area with sandwiches and fish fillets and tater logs. YUM. So we got two fish fillets and two orders of tater logs, and sat down at one of the tables in the corner. This was an interesting store–it had regular old convenience store food, was also apparently the dvd rental place, and sold clothes. Kid’s clothes, regular clothes, and clothes you could wear to “the club.” Kinda weird. They also make biscuits in the morning–we asked. Food is really important on a bike ride.

We got back to our campground and called the Uhaul place again. The man answered, said he’d open up if he could find a truck for us and said he would call us back. So, Daddy got ready to ride off to get the truck! He said he felt like he was going on a rescue mission. He loaded up his water bottles and made sure he had some snacks. The Uhaul man called back and said there was a truck, and gave Daddy 2 hours to get there.

So, off Daddy went to find the Uhaul place near Iuka. I figured that if he made excellent time and it was all downhill, then he would be back by 4:30–but if he made ok time, it would probably be 5. I didn’t want to go crazy watching the minutes tick down on my cell phone, so I laid the towels out to dry on the picnic table, watched birds and listened to the radio. After my towel was dry, I took a shower and packed up our things we had strewn around so that we would be ready to go when Daddy returned. At about 4:56, here comes the UHaul! Daddy took a quick shower, and we went to see the swinging bridge that we’d heard so much about. The park is pretty, and it would have been nice to have some time to spend on the trails beyond the swinging bridge just not this day.

Then we hit the road, at about 5:30 central time. On the way back, I learned that Daddy had ridden only to Midway and then hitched a ride with a really nice guy to the UHaul place! That’s how he could make it back in time! (Thanks, Neil from Midway.) So he had an even bigger adventure than I did. He also learned that every single store in small town Mississippi is closed on Sunday. (Hey, we’re from a small town in the South, but you can still buy on Sunday in Waverly Hall!) We got back to Ellerslie about 1:30 am eastern time and got some rest for what was going to be a long day. And it was.

There is a memorial page on the Meriwether County Sheriff’s Department site. Right now, it has some pictures of my cousin, and in the future it should have some of his funeral I think. We will miss him so much. This is the link.

Part 2

Day Two

We woke up in the morning in our tiny tent, a little stiff, but dry! We started breaking our campsite down: rolling up the sleeping pads and bags and hanging the rain fly out so that it could dry before we rolled it up. Our hosts said they would make us breakfast by 8am, so we got dressed in our bike clothes and wandered up to the restaurant part of the campsite (it’s not really open as a restaurant, but they cook for their campers). It was looking like a pretty day for a bike ride! Breakfast was great–bacon, eggs, grits, biscuits, and oj. Delish! We also got to talk more to the other group who was camping there–they were from Iowa, and two of them were biking north on the Trace while the third drove the van. They couldn’t tell us much about the detour ahead, only that there was one.

After that, we finished packing all our things up at our campsite and headed out. The ramp up to the Trace was tough! And then there were more hills. We did some walking here. A few miles down the road was the Meriwether Lewis Memorial, and we stopped there. This is where Meriwether Lewis (of Lewis & Clark) died–either he was murdered or committed suicide. We saw a replica of the house where he died, and a monument to him in the pioneer cemetery. That was a nice break and then we were back on the road again.

Here are some pictures of Daddy (and Bob!) there.

Our next rest stop was at a picnic area near a pretty creek with bathrooms and water (very important). We’d gone about 12 miles I think, and it had taken us two hours!!! It was already the end of the morning, and we had 66 miles to go that day! And we were so very tired. We decided that we would make up our minds at our lunch stop about what we would do, and we got back on our bikes. At the next rest stop, we met two people from Florence, AL who were riding their 3 wheeled motorcycle down the Trace. They were pretty friendly and assured us that there were places to eat and a Welcome Center in Collinwood–and that it was right off the Trace. Off we went.

At about 3pm we got to Collinwood. The Welcome Center is the first building you see, and it is nice and cool with clean bathrooms. Makes you feel civilized! The people were very friendly and let us know where we could get a good lunch–at Chad’s Family Restaurant, right down the road. Chad’s was our next stop! I was thinking that we might stay in Collinwood that night–sleep in someone’s yard or in a park or something, and we did joke that we could just crawl under the depot’s porch and sleep. I had a jumboburger and fries and Daddy had a 12 oz ribeye, baked potato, slaw, and rolls at Chad’s and it was pretty good. (Although I have to say that food tastes better when you ride your bike. hee)

We had over 20 miles left to go once we left Collinwood, and if it was going to be like the first leg of the trip then we would be in trouble. So we decided to just make it the next 10 miles and see how we felt–if we felt good, we’d try to make it to our planned campground at Colbert Ferry; if we didn’t, we would just hide out in the woods at that picnic area.

Collinwood had what was possibly the best sight we saw on the trip. A gleaming, fully stocked Exxon convenience store. MMMMMMM! We bought a can of Chef Boyardee and some rice krispie treats and other snacks, and then got back on the road. Collinwood was a nice place to stop, but the weird thing is that the town is filled with flies. No one there seems to really notice, but, really, flies are everywhere. Not like one or two buzzing around inside Chad’s or the welcome center, which would be normal, but like one or two dozen buzzing around inside. The town doesn’t smell bad or anything, so who knows why they are there?

It was pretty tough for about a mile. I was worried that I would get too hot and my jumboburger would come back for a visit, but the hills weren’t very bad at all–still climbing, but not steep. We stopped for a breather, and by then I felt very much better. Also, the road flattened out considerably. We flew down the Trace, at about a 18 mph pace and made it to the 10 mile “decision time” picnic area in no time. At this point, we realized that we were still on schedule for making it to Colbert Ferry by dark and we could probably push through if the road stayed this flat. So off we went!

We crossed the state line into Alabama a little while later and began to see signs for the detour.

It was incredibly discouraging to get to the detour road, after flying down the Trace making such good time, and see a hill that we had to push up, almost from the very start. Most of the detour was downhill, though, and only fives miles or so. They are replacing three bridges on the Trace, so this detour should be the norm for a few more years. Riding on the county roads, we realized one thing we had not had to worry about on the Trace–dogs. Every house had a barking dog! Thankfully, most of them were penned up, but a few were not. Only one (a beagle) got out in the road, but he wasn’t a problem.

We decided to turn our lights on at this point, because it was getting to be late afternoon and we needed to be more visible. At this point, I found out that my headlight was dead–either the batteries had died or it had gotten wet. I didn’t need it really, so I just turned my rear light on, and we hit the road again.

Finally, we made it back to the Trace and zipped along a few more miles. At this point in the day, both of us ran off the road and could have wrecked–but we didn’t! Making the last leg of the detour, Daddy bumped off the road and Bob got ornery and bucked along a bit–but then they bumped back up on the pavement and we were good to go. Me, I was just being stupid–it was a flat straight-away and I raced up beside Daddy and got in front of him. I was flying! And then I turned to say something to him, and dropped off the pavement which at this point wasn’t even with the shoulder. This is exactly what happened when I wrecked the summer before BRAG and I scraped myself up–but I do learn sometimes, so I just rode along on the shoulder without trying to jump back up on the road until my brain could catch up with me and tell me to put on the brakes. And then I was ok.

We had a couple of big hills as we neared the Tennessee River, and we walked them. And then. We came down a hill and saw the bridge. Oh my goodness. It seemed to go up and up and up forever over the river, and I howled like a little monkey all the way down the hill because I was sure that we would be pushing our bikes up over that bridge and I was so tired. But I was pleasantly surprised! The bridge was so gradual, we just rolled right up to the top, where we stopped to take pictures. What, you’re not supposed to stop in the middle of a bridge and take pictures? A park ranger drove by and waved at us to keep moving, so we took a few more pictures (haha) and then rode down the other side of the bridge and halfway up the hill (where we had to walk some) to Colbert Ferry.

We made it! It was about 6:30 pm, so this is the longest day I have ever had on my bike. We did about 66 miles on our second day, which is the second longest mileage I’ve ever done in a day. The campsite here is off in the woods, and you have to walk to the bathrooms up at the visitor’s center–no showers. But we set our tent up and bathed off in the sink at the bathrooms and came back to our little home.

We had better cell service here, and this is where we learned that my cousin had passed away early that morning at Emory. We still don’t know why. My mom told us that the funeral would be on Monday at 2, which at that time didn’t really register with me. On a bike time is a strange thing–you don’t really need a calendar or a watch, you just get to where you’re going the best you can.

We went to bed, knowing that the next day was a short day, but not before I made some ramen noodles in the little stove. Daddy held the flashlight so I could be sure not to eat the really big bugs that flew in the pot, and looked around when I was POSITIVE that there were animals walking around in our campsite. There weren’t. We didn’t have any visitors trying to get in our food, which we packed back in Bob, so that was a good thing. We were so worn out by everything that happened today that we slept pretty well under the stars.

Well, Daddy and I returned from our biking/camping/walking (yes, walking) trip early Monday morning. We had a good time adventuring, but it was shadowed with sadness as my oldest cousin passed away suddenly during our trip and we came home a day early for his funeral. I am going to write it in more than one post, because it is so long. [I will fill in with pictures when they are developed.] Pre-trip After my Admin law exam, I packed up the rest of my things and zipped to Ellerslie where we packed and repacked Bob, our bike trailer, and our rack trunks. We ended up with Bob hauling about 40 pounds, plus our gear in our rack trunks. The morning of the 4th, we were going to pick up our rental truck from the airport and head to Nashville! Early that morning, my parents got a call that my cousin's condition had suddenly deteriorated and my mother went to the hospital. That morning, no one knew what would happen, and Daddy and I decided to go on to Nashville and wait for news there. Once we got to Nashville, we scouted out the route to the Trace from our hotel near I-40, which was about 6 miles away. We discovered that we could ride through the parking lots of the shopping centers next to the hotel to the first road, and that road conveniently had a wide bike-lane all the way to the end. While the next two roads were a little narrow, they weren't very long and we could get to the Trace without much problem. We also rode down the Trace for about a half an hour, scouting out places to hide in case of rain (60% chance forecasted). We decided to keep the truck until the morning in case we had to return home. I think we learned that night that my cousin had been transferred to Emory and had been stabilized there. (The timing of everything is off in my head, and I can't really remember when we knew what and where we were at what point. Everything seems to have happened at once.) Since things seemed to be looking up at that point and the doctors there might be able to figure out what was wrong and start treatment soon, we decided to ride the next day. Rain or shine. Day One The next morning, Daddy got up at the crack of dawn and took the truck back to the airport in Nashville and took a cab back to the hotel. We ate our breakfast and loaded the bikes all up and off we went! We arrived at the Trace with no big problems (minus a speeding school bus), where on the ramp I promptly threw my water bottle on the ground instead of putting it back in the cage and had to stop, lay my bike down, and run down the road to get it. Poor daddy probably thought I'd already had enough bike riding! The first leg of the trip was pretty good--the weather was nice, in that it was overcast and not too hot. We took some breaks along the way and ate our figgie newtons, and made about 10 mph time, which was what we were aiming for. There was a giant hill in the first four miles, and Daddy decided to push his bike and Bob up the hill so he wouldn't be completely worn out by lunchtime. We crossed the huge double-arch bridge over Birdsong Hollow this morning, and it was incredible! There are tire-grabbing seams on this bridge, so you have to be careful! Probably the highest I have ever been and not been in an airplane. Day one was about 63 miles altogether. After the huge hill in the first few miles, we made great time to where we expected a lunch stop, near Centerville, TN. Yeah, well, sometimes expectations aren't met. The park service said there would be food/supplies a mile towards Centerville, but we pushed our bikes to the top of a huge hill and saw nothing but another huge hill beyond that. We did see a propane place that looked like it could have once been a store, but ha. So, we went back to the Trace to the Gordon House. This was built by the Gordons (surprise) in the early 1800's, when they operated a ferry on the Duck River nearby. Just a simple house, but a good place to stop for a break. We ate some of our snack food here, and the chicken I had packed for our emergency meal. And yes we did note that it did not bode well for our trip that we dipped into the emergency rations during our first meal! After lunch, we only had about 20 miles left for the day. What we didn't know was that it would be all uphill. No, I'm not joking. In the rain. No, I'm not joking about that either. The rain at least kept us from getting too hot, but it is not fun pushing your bike up a hill in the rain. Daddy says at one point, "Well, it's got to go downhill at some point." Many uphill miles later, he began to worry that we were about to see the Matterhorn up ahead. It didn't rain the whole afternoon, but afterwards it got a little warm! At one point, during a rest break on the side of the road, I laid down on the shoulder of the road and thought. . .I could just sleep here tonight! It brought back memories of laying on the warm asphalt at mile 19 of the 3-Day, and I began to get a tiny bit worried. In the very last few miles of the day, we found the downhill at Swan's Creek. And what a downhill! I didn't have my computer on my bike, but I could tell I was in the upper 20's--with my brakes on. We found the Fall Hollow Campground and collapsed on their porch. We met the owners who showed us around the campground and let us pick out a nice site--for $5 a tent camper per night! A pretty sweet deal. The Fall Hollow Campground is really a nice place, and it has hot showers and a nice little bathhouse. The hosts/owners are very friendly and helpful to bike people! They also sold us the most magnificent snack ever--a honeybun and cold Coke. It's a wonder we didn't bite our fingers off feeding ourselves. They also offered us a ride to town later on in the evening, which made us prick our little fox ears up. My brother called (or we called him) and he talked about some giant rattlesnake he killed, but cell service was very spotty so it was a short conversation. But with "4 foot long rattlesnake, as thick as my arm" apparently the most pressing message, we figured that no news was good news. That night, our hosts drove us in to town for dinner and we saw the big city lights of Hohenwald, TN. (It does have a McDonald's and a Sonic, so it is pretty big--relative to Ellerslie!) We ate at Snappy's pizza, which was fantastic. Between the two of us, we ate a 14'' pizza--plus half of our host's small pizza. Then they took us to MickyD's and bought us ice cream cones, and we ate those, too! Ha. It still looked like it might storm, but we went down to our tents and went to bed. This is where I heard a Chuck-will's-Widow. I don't think either of us slept very well, our first night out, but we did not have to pick up our sleeping bags in the middle of a thunderstorm and run for shelter either. Here is our little tent.

1 down, 99 to go!


Woah! All my old posts dropped off the page! That is a sure sign that I need to post more. Actually, I have been updating my life list from last February with a few new birds I’ve seen this summer.

Well, last weekend I knocked one of my adventures off my 100 adventures list! Reed and I went to Florida on a family fishing trip, and I got to clean a fish (not that I caught them, but I cleaned them!). Several fishies actually–two redfish/red drums and a flounder. I’m not very good at it, and I had some help! But I think I can cross it off my list.

Reed made this fishhead kiss me! Grrr.

We were in Spring Creek, Florida–which is beautiful. It’s a little fishing village–no beach, but grass marshes and palm trees. Reed is walking on the highway. It ends at that building.

This is a picture of the cold hole where we went swimming–it’s name comes from the spring that bubbles up there.

Sometimes you can see the spring bubbling up–here’s a link to a really good picture of it. There are springs all over the area, hence the name.

On Sunday, Reed and I went to Panacea to the aquarium where there are touch tanks for fishies. They also have a giant pen outside with fiddler crabs! You can scoop them up, but sometimes they pinch!

I also got to see several new birds–different kinds of herons and other water birds. And I had a wonderful time riding out into the bay and in the creek on the boats. The only boat I’d ever ridden out on the water before was a NPS boat from St. Mary’s to Cumberland, which wasn’t really like the more open water of the bay. It was beautiful!

Now I want a house on the water to fill with family and friends! But I was glad to be back in my little home with my little kitties, and they were glad to see me too!

100 Adventures, Part J


The last batch!

1. Learn to juggle. 2. Participate in a Christmas Bird Count. 3. Learn to ice skate well enough to do a jump. 4. Visit the Haggia Sophia. 5. Pass the bar. 6. Drive a dog sled. 7. Visit all 50 states. 8. Learn to roll a whitewater kayak. 9. Learn swimming strokes. 10. Be part of a dinner party club.

Well, the joke turned up in the end–it’s pass the bar. The states I have left to visit are: Hawaii, California, Oregon, Washington, North Dakota, Nevada, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Delaware, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut.

This is the final installment of my 100 adventures! It’s a good thing the semester is winding down, or I wouldn’t have anything else to say!!

About this Archive

This page is an archive of recent entries in the 100 Adventures category.

Domestic Violence is the next category.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.


Powered by Movable Type 4.38